Lemon Pepper Tilapia w/ Garlic Herb Bechamel Sauce(serves 4)4 Tilapia Fillets
Your favorite Lemon Pepper Seasoning(if you want a DIY just ask)
Fettuccine for 4
Bechamel Sauce
2 TBLS butter(unsalted)
2 TBLS flour
salt to taste
1 1/2 cups heavy cream or milk(whole milk)
pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced finel
either 1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning or fresh snipped basil, oregano, thyme, and/or rosemary(if your using fresh herbs at the the end the flavor will cook out if you add fresh herbs early.
Season Tilapia and cook as you want, ie baked or sauteed. Cook pasta per instructions.
Sauce
In small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat, then add garlic and let cook for about 30 seconds. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and if using dried herbs, until lump free. Constantly stiring with a whisk, pour in cream and continue whisking over medium heat until the sauce beings to bubble on surface. Continue to cook and stir for about a minute more. Serve ontop of Fish and Pasta.
Shrimp Parmiggana(serves 4)
2 cups precooked small shrimp deveined w/ tails removed(you might need to do this yourself, sorry)
4 servings of penne pasta cooked per package instructions
1 onion
2 gloves garlic
fresh snipped oregano, basil, and thyme(or 1 teaspoon dried of each, add that earlier to cooking w/ tomatoes)
1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
olive oil
1/2cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus some grated to top the dish.
In large saute pan(preferably one with a lid). Over medium heat saute onions in olive oil until just about tender. Add garlic and about 30sec later add the tomatoes and shrimp. Cover and let cook until shrimp are hot then remove from heat. Fold in penne and fresh herbsthen shredded cheese. Top with Grated Parm.
3 comments:
Hey! This doesn't help me! I don't like any seafood except calamari.
Thanks, these both look Grrreat! I looks like a creamy white sauce that I will actually like, I'm not a fan of Alfredo.
By the way, I loved the "gloves of garlic" teehee.
I tried the shrimp and really liked it. I had to alter the recipe a little as Dad doesn't like shrimp so I made it and kept the shrimp separate on my plate. Dad said the pasta was a "do again".
Post a Comment